Formerly known as Take Two, M1LDL1FE (pronounced "mild-life") cuts across the indie-pop grain, weaving together lush electronic textures and eclectic dance grooves into the pop sensibilities of guitar-driven indie music of the early 2000s. Formed in 2012 by bassist David Siow, drummer Jeryl Yeo, guitarists Tan Peng Sing and Johnathan Lim, the band later recruited Paddy Ong (formerly of Run Neon Tiger) to take over on lead vocals. First conceived as a university hall cover band, they wrote their first originals in college dorm basements, garnering attention with their brazen indie-rock pop sound and energetic live shows. They debuted their first EP, “PAIRS” in 2015, receiving critical acclaim from the local press and were slated to be “one of the most exhilarating new acts to emerge from Singapore's burgeoning indie-pop scene”.
Fast forward a couple years, the quintet found themselves opening for venerable acts like Walk the Moon, Travis, and Death Cab for Cutie back in their native Singapore, and even went on a few touring stints in Southeast Asia, China, and Spain. In 2016, guitarist Johnathan Lim left the band amicably to focus on other pursuits. The band continued as a four-piece, retreating into the studio to re-work their sound. Now armed with a fresh and grittier sonic palette, the four-piece rechristened themselves M1LDL1FE, with new material in the form of their eponymous EP primed for release in July.
new single: distraction
“It's a song about coming to terms with the various things in life that are distractions. Your work is a distraction from your side hustle or life outside the office. Sometimes - even though it feels wrong to admit it - you feel like time with your family or loved ones are distractions too. It's a song for those times when you feel, 'I don't have time for this right now', but it's your lover's birthday dinner and you feel terrible for having those thoughts,” - Paddy Ong, M1LDL1FE Frontman
- Distraction (Single): Upcoming release on 14 June 2017
- M1LDL1FE (4-track EP): Upcoming release on 28 July 2017
- Produced by M1LDL1FE, co-produced by Evan Low of Zendyll Productions
- Recorded at Greenroom Suite with Adin Kindermann
As Take Two:
- Ariel (Single): Noise Singapore 2014 Winning Showcase, #2 iTunes Singapore Alternative
- Watch the MV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjOOXgtjc24
- In Your Arms (Single): #1 iTunes Singapore Alternative, #2 iTunes Singapore Pop
- Watch the MV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puouYE9BFhM
- PAIRS (5-track EP): #2 iTunes Singapore Pop (Album), #1 iTunes Singapore Alternative (Album).
- Produced by Roland Lim (Gentle Bones, Reuby, The Summer State) and co-produced by Marlon Ingle and Take Two.
- Recorded at SyncStudios, with Marlon Ingle and Dino Ong
- Stream it on Spotify - http://bit.ly/taketwostream
NOTABLE GIGS/TOUR HISTORY
3,600 Facebook Fans
2,400 Instagram Followers
4,900 Monthly Listeners on Spotify (Take Two)
Top Countries: Singapore (80%), Malaysia (9%), USA (4%)
Top Cities: Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei
LET'S BE FRIENDS :)
For all bookings and event enquiries, please contact Patrick (Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to tell us about how mild your life is: email@example.com